Friday, October 16, 2009

Artsy-Fartsy Neutrals


I made this one for my friend's daughter--shh, it's a gift--and she is very artsy. This is the 5x7 size wristlet and I planned my yarn around this glass pendant, choosing a blend of mohair type yarn and a brown and black already blended thicker yarn. Together they add a lot of depth, like the pendant. The interior brocade is hues of brown and cream with a touch of silvery-blue. Then, instead of forcing a preppy, girlie style ribbon on her, I went subtle with a much thinner black velvet ribbon (less obvious) and then tied it on incorporating the pendant, topping it off with a hammered style silver bangle.

I really like this look! It's a bit more edgy and anyone can carry this wristlet without feeling too cutesy. AND, the pendant is a great piece to jazz up a simple outfit, without wearing a bunch of jewelry!

This bag already sold for $45.

No comments:

Post a Comment